Thursday

Walking team

Since I gave birth, I've been weighing 226 or 227 every day. (Let's ignore all those comments about how breastfeeding makes you just shed the pounds because apparently that's not true for everyone).

I've made friends in the neighborhood with two ladies who walk every morning. For the past few weeks, we've been walking two miles every morning. One day last week, it was just me and the retiree (she's only 42, so she's not your typical retiree). We decided to run some and mix it up a bit. Keep in mind that the baby is always with me in the non-jogging stroller. The day after we ran, I noticed that I lost a pound -225

Yesterday, our schedules were a bit off, so I walked 1.5 miles with the workin' momma before she went to work, then the retiree joined us as the workin' momma left so I walked another 1.5-2 miles with her. My sister came over last night and we went for a run/walk - another 3 miles. My feet were tired last night, but this morning, down another pound to 224.


I think there's a moral to this story, folks. My butt needs to be running. And since I don't have a jogging stroller,  I'd prefer to do it when I have childcare. I'm already dreaming about when I go back to work and can run on my lunch break or before I come home to make sure I get it done.

No comments: