Sunday

Nesting project #2

Because our house was built in the late 1990s, we had a plethora of brass finishes when we moved in. We have slowly been updating them to more modern styles, and the fireplace was no exception. This is what it looked like before - actually on the day we moved in.



This is not a huge project, but my mom and I both needed to paint the brass off of our fireplaces, so we split a little can of high-heat black paint. Before painting, I scuffed up the brass with an SOS pad.

Here's what it looks like now.


While it may not look that different online, it makes me happy to not see the dated brass every time we are in the living room.

(And I did wear a mask while painting and had a fan on to keep the fumes to a minimum.)

2 comments:

Rebekah J said...

MUCHO better. I'm so doing that to our fireplace. The brass makes me cry.

Sarah with a Sweet Tooth said...

You can use some of my paint if you want!! we only used a tiny bit!