Monday

Too much fluid

Last week at the OB appointment, I found out I am carrying too much amniotic fluid. She didn't seem to make a HUGE deal out of it, but at the same time, wants to monitor me weekly from here on out. So I was shuffled into another room to be hooked up to the same monitors you wear when in labor. I sat there for 30 minutes sans contraction, so I was free to go. I'm not sure what will happen if I do have a contraction while sitting there (I have Braxton Hicks all the time now) but I definitely know to bring more entertainment than just my phone next time.

From what I gather, too much amniotic fluid can cause preterm labor or for the cord to come gushing out when my water breaks and be under the the baby's head, which would cut off his oxygen = instant c-section. He could also wrap himself up in the cord and get all tangled.

No comments: