Reasons why I'm glad he's out:
- I'm down 16 of the 45-ish pounds I gained (current weight is 226), so that's good news.
- I can also bend and breathe at the same time now.
- I can properly work out again (after four weeks of walking only)
- I have energy, which is somewhat crazy considering the amount of sleep I'm still not getting.
- I can eat chicken again without being disgusted.
- I can shave my legs properly.
- I can give myself a pedicure - which I did yesterday. I don't have the money to get one in the salon unless it's a special occasion. I think I do just as good of a job here at home.
- My clothes are already starting to fit. I'm wearing a size L t-shirt today instead of my husband's XL or XXL that I had been living in for the past few months.
- My legs are not cramping up at night while I'm just sleeping. I never did understand why that was happening. It's not like I was using the muscle!
Postpartum things I was unprepared for:
- I'm still bleeding. It has been 9 days. I guess that's normal.
- The skin on my stomach (the widest part that did the most stretching) still hurts.
- My heel that developed plantar fasciitis still hurts.
- My ring can get back on my finger, but it's still tight, so that means I'm still swollen a little bit.
- The mushiness of my belly. It's a little disturbing how much mush is there.
- The amount of strength my hands and wrists do not have. Every muscle in my hands hurt and my wrists are killing me every time I pick him up.
- Breastfeeding is super hard work. I thought the little nugget would just have an instinct on how to do these things and it would just happen.
- Our little nugget is very orally-fixated. He must have something in his mouth at all times - whether that's the pacifier, his fingers, his arm, our fingers, the milk truck, whatever.