Monday

One week later

I absolutely love my son, but I also really love not being pregnant. I don't even begin to pretend that I had a terrible pregnancy because I know some women have it really tough, but I just did not like it.

Reasons why I'm glad he's out:

  • I'm down 16 of the 45-ish pounds I gained (current weight is 226), so that's good news. 
  • I can also bend and breathe at the same time now. 
  • I can properly work out again (after four weeks of walking only)
  • I have energy, which is somewhat crazy considering the amount of sleep I'm still not getting.
  • I can eat chicken again without being disgusted.
  • I can shave my legs properly.
  • I can give myself a pedicure - which I did yesterday. I don't have the money to get one in the salon unless it's a special occasion. I think I do just as good of a job here at home. 
  • My clothes are already starting to fit. I'm wearing a size L t-shirt today instead of my husband's XL or XXL that I had been living in for the past few months. 
  • My legs are not cramping up at night while I'm just sleeping. I never did understand why that was happening. It's not like I was using the muscle!
Postpartum things I was unprepared for:
  • I'm still bleeding. It has been 9 days. I guess that's normal.
  • The skin on my stomach (the widest part that did the most stretching) still hurts.
  • My heel that developed plantar fasciitis still hurts.
  • My ring can get back on my finger, but it's still tight, so that means I'm still swollen a little bit. 
  • The mushiness of my belly. It's a little disturbing how much mush is there.
  • The amount of strength my hands and wrists do not have. Every muscle in my hands hurt and my wrists are killing me every time I pick him up. 
  • Breastfeeding is super hard work. I thought the little nugget would just have an instinct on how to do these things and it would just happen.
  • Our little nugget is very orally-fixated. He must have something in his mouth at all times - whether that's the pacifier, his fingers, his arm, our fingers, the milk truck, whatever. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

I just read on a couple of other blogs that the bleeding can last about 4-6 weeks. I did not know this, and it sounds awful.