Wednesday

Teething = germs = sick.

Since the baby started teething a few weeks ago, he has now brought home our first Family Cold. The poor little guy had a fever of 101 last week, so we took him to the pediatrician. She said it was just a virus and to give him some tylenol. After a few rough days and nights, the baby seems to be feeling better (though still snotty and coughing). The bad news is, I have it and my parents have it, and my neighbors that walk with us every night have had it too. I guess we're all in it together. :)

I stayed home from work today to try to get well enough for the Color Run 5k I'm doing this weekend. When I signed up back in April, I had no idea what the pain was in my leg still and I just assumed that it would go away. Luckily, it did and I'm finally feeling like I can attempt to run. I've ran a few times for 30s at a time just to see if it would hurt. I probably still will not run much on Saturday and just walk instead since I haven't trained at all.

The other funny thing is that it's been SO hot here - we're talking over 100 degrees for days at a time - that I've been planning on the coolest outfit I own. Now, they are predicting the low to be around 55 Saturday morning, so I'm thinking I need a wardrobe adjustment!

No comments: