Friday

Crossfit, say what?

A few weeks ago, the hubs encouraged me to do a crossfit workout of the day, or WOD. I was doing squats and that particular workout was focused on the legs. The workout was 3 rounds of:
-run .125 mile
-100 walking lunges
-50 squats

OMG I have never been so sore in my life. It only took me about 33 minutes to do that workout, but it was intensely difficult for someone who is just getting back into working out regularly after almost 1.5 years.

I've been doing the WOD for a few weeks now since then. I can do most workouts at home with the equipment we have, but things like climbing a rope or doing 5000 meters on a row machine are not really possible. I'm still weighing in about the same - last week was 218, this week 215, but my pants are feeling just the slightest bit looser - and that's what I really care about. I am only wearing about a quarter of my closet right now. And I hate it. It will be so awesome to be comfortable in my own clothes again.

No comments: