Sunday

14 months


I can't believe he's 14 months old!! I will probably say that every month from now on. We had a great Easter weekend visiting friends and family but I'm glad to be home. Every time we travel, we usually end up letting him sleep in bed with us at some point. Mostly we do that to refrain from waking up the rest of the house with his cries. The negative repercussions of doing that happen when we get back home - we have to re-sleep-train the first few nights back. I hate it.

A few updates about the boy:

  • he has 6.5 teeth in and he's working on a few more that are very close. 
  • he is just now getting the concept of chewing food and is interested in putting the spoon into food and then into is his mouth. Most of the time, he just swallows things whole though so we are still tearing or cutting up food into bite-size pieces. 
  • he had his first sip of soda the other day on accident - luckily it was just sprite that my dad left within the boy's reach.
  • he weighs 29 lbs, but I'm not sure how tall he is. He likes to weigh himself on our scale, so we have a pretty good sense of his weight. ;)
  • he is in mostly 18-month clothes still but his PJs are getting pretty tight. he's wearing size 5 extra wide shoe. (the pink shirt is 2T)
  • he is a busy body. I'm not sure if all babies are this way, but I'm guessing they are. He is just non-stop busy. Most of the time I love it, but it's exhausting in a non-baby-proofed house. We went to visit friends with a son two weeks older than our boy this weekend. It was awesome because they had tons of toys and a blocked of area that we can pretty much let them do what they want. We found out that a tunnel is a pretty sweet toy and we might need to keep our eyes out for one.

No comments: