Thursday

New Boss

I spent most of the day at work on Monday conducting interviews for my new boss. Apparently my employer is not really feeling this whole "depression" thing, and we are hiring a middle-manager between my current boss and me (along with 2 others on my "team").

It was very surreal to be the interviewer instead of the interviewee. I'd never done it before and it was sort of strange to have someone so visibly nervous by my questions. One candidate was actually quivering her lip and shaking a little bit. I don't think I've ever been THAT nervous that I was visibly shaking, but who knows. I bet if I were shaking in an interview, I didn't get the job. I did not recommend that my bosslady hire that candidate. This person will have to be the one to stand up for me when I screw up, so I want him/her to have a little more assertiveness and confidence.

I have yet to hear the results but there were two other candidates that I would be really happy to see come work with us because I think I can learn a lot from them, and ultimately that's what I want out my boss. I want them to be better than me at what we are doing so I can improve.

No comments: