Sunday

Goal = not met

I'm a little disappointed in myself, but at the same time I've been happily living my life and it's hard to lose weight. I wanted to lose enough weight to be able to wear a bikini in Key West. Our trip is almost here, and I'm pretty sure I actually weigh 1 more pound than when I set that goal... I still have time to rectify that 1 lb, but still.

It's frustrating, but at the same time I know that I did not really give it my all. I didn't make myself work out every single day. I ate a donut at one point in the office. I went to jack in the box for lunch last week and got a free, but greasy sandwich with my coworkers. I think the hardest thing about losing weight is finding a balance that allows you to eat socially with friends (admit it, most of your friends are not dieting) and work out enough to counter the eating out. I find it so hard to say no I'd rather eat my lean cuisine than go to my favorite deli down the street with all my work friends.

So here we are. Very soon I'll be wearing a new swimsuit that I bought because it covers my long torso well. The up-side is, I'll still be enjoying mojitos on the beach with my husband and some friends. And one of those nights, I'll be watching my best friend since I was 16 tie the knot at sunset on that beach.

Even though I didn't meet my goal, I have waaaay more things to be happy about.

No comments: