Wednesday

How the yard takes over my life

Lately after work, I'm outside working in the yard. I feel like we are "those people" in the neighborhood who started a few landscaping projects and then left them half-finished. And since I don't really aspire to be "those people, I've been making an extra effort to improve the aesthetics in front of the house.

Last summer we had this great idea to make rock gardens in front of the house. I wanted to use the environmentally friendly weed-blocking tarp thing that goes under the rocks. Turns out environmentally friendly does not equal a weedless rock bed. In the last week I've pulled a bajillion weeds and they are still coming up.

But the good news is, we are getting there. It looks much better and I think I can finish the project this weekend. Then I move to the backyard.

No comments: