Thursday

13 months

My my, time flies. We've had a rough week this week with our first real cold. He had a sniffle back when he was 2 or 3 months old, but nothing since then. Last night he woke up around 11:15 - I was still kinda awake, so I waited to see if he would fall back asleep on his own. He usually screams for less than three minutes and goes back to sleep. He did go back to sleep that time, but 15 minutes later he was up again. I went to check on him that time and found him sitting up covered in tears and snot. Poor guy couldn't breathe out of his nose.

We tried every thing to get him back to sleep from 11:30-3. I gave him water, milk, tylenol, saline nose spray, a snack, and lots of cuddles plus a little baby first tv - which was one of the few things that calmed him down. At 2:45, I gave up knowing I had to go to work the next day and put him in his bed. He fell asleep within 5 minutes of talking to himself.

Milestones this month:

  • weaned from the bottle
  • switched from formula to whole milk
  • working on graduating from nipple sippy cups to hard sippy cups
  • started climbing on furniture...
  • I've cut his hair twice since Jan. 10 so it's pretty short now
  • he knows how to ride on his "car" 

No comments: