Thursday

Hidden Potential

Instead of House Hunters, I think we should now be on the show called Hidden Potential. If you don't watch HGTV as much as I do and know what that is, it's basically where you buy a junker in the neighborhood you want to live and fix it up.

Tonight while house hunting, we showed my parents a foreclosed house we are pretty interested in. We both LOVE the neighborhood and the lot, and the house seems to be structurally sound. It just needs a little cosmetic face-lift. The most expensive items on that list include new carpet/flooring in most of the house, a new furnace, appliances and light fixtures. The good news is, we could just take out a little bit bigger loan and do it all at the beginning.

While it lacks one of my requests - a double vanity sink in the master bedroom - I'm willing to compromise because it does have a walk-in master closet and a formal dining room and a two-car garage.

We've looked at so many houses in the last six months, but this is one of the few that I could actually see myself living in. I can see us raising our children in this house and watching them play in the backyard.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry to break this to ya, but you guys HAVE to buy a double vanity sink because Danny doesn't believe they exist and he said the only way he'll ever have one is if you guys have one in your new house. So you have to get one for my sake...