Tuesday

My little old lady next door.

Last weekend while I was in Carbondale packing, I walked General 4 times. During one of our walks, the little old lady next door came out to talk to me (as per usual). We had a nice convo about us selling the house and who the buyers are, and that she saw them and talked to them while they were looking at the house.

Back in August, she gave me her St. Joseph to bury in the backyard. She said he would sell the house, but that we both had to honestly pray to him. While I did say a little prayer to whoever wanted to listen, I didn't exactly pray to St. Joe and I surely did not convince hubby to pray to him.

Last weekend she told me that she found the spot where I buried St. Joe and she moved him two weeks ago. Since August, she had put her house on the market FSBO, so she decided to put St. Joe in between our two houses. She said that she told St. Joe to work his magic on both of our houses, but that he better sell our house first because (to me) "your man in lonely in that big house by himself, I can tell."

She's a little crazy, but she's such a sweet old lady and I will miss her quirkiness and neighborhood gossip.

No comments: