Tuesday

I need more yoga.

In my previous professional life, I worked at a community college. While the pay was mediocre, the little benefits are what I really appreciated - such as the cosmetology department where I could get my eyebrows done or a mani/pedi and the community education classes that meant I could take a yoga class for free on my lunch breaks. So for several years, I did yoga at least 1-2x per week and my body loved it. I could sit Indian-style and was very close to doing it with my feet above my knees comfortably at my desk. I can still sit regular Indian-style at my desk (in my desk chair) but not for very long. My feet fall asleep.

Since I've been in my current professional role (more than two years), I haven't kept up with my yoga habit. I rarely do it at home, and if I do, it's not for an hour. The other night I did just two sun salutations and a few other poses while watching tv - and let me tell you that my arms are telling me how long it has been since I've done a push up.

No comments: