Saturday

I am a winner!

At work, we have an award that recognizes employees who live a healthy lifestyle and promote that healthy lifestyle to their peers. Next week, I will be honored for this award at a company-wide celebration.

One of my coworkers nominated me for losing 75 lbs, keeping it off and continually attempting to convince my coworkers to be aware of what they are eating. I also organized the biggest loser competition in the office and she knows about this little blog, but I didn't really want all of my 10k coworkers to know about this site where I share all of my insecurities. So we said I have a presence on the internet. I hope you all understand. ;)

I'm excited because not only do I get to be recognized for something that anyone who is trying to lose weight knows is a very hard thing to do (keeping it off) and I get a gift certificate to the company gym. We do have to pay to be a member there, and I choose not to do so. However, they do offer yoga and spinning classes for a fee, and you don't have to be a member to take those classes. So I plan to use my gift certificate to take some classes and get back in the groove of working out on a regular basis. My lazy self has really been slacking lately, so hopefully this will motivate me to get moving!

No comments: