Monday

Halloween weekend

This weekend has been one of ups and downs for me. I had a really great time seeing friends Saturday and the hubs' family Sunday. I even picked pecans with my father in law and our youngest cousin asked for me to hold her - both of which were firsts for me! Remember all the trees at my FIL's house? Two of them produce pecans, and while they are still a little green according to my FIL, they taste good to me!!

We had a bonfire in the backyard with friends Saturday night and were able to use the bench my dad made for us. It was awesome to only lug two chairs back there instead of four or more, depending on the number of guests

Then there's the candy. And my recent downfall - candy corn and peanuts. I finally threw the rest of them away today so I will stop eating that sweet/salty goodness. We had a bunch of trick or treaters last night so I was on candy duty while the hubs took dog duty. Luckily we don't have much candy left so I won't be so tempted to eat it.

No comments: