Tuesday

Butternut squash risotto

Tonight I attempted my first try at risotto. Butternut squash risotto to be exact. It took me an hour, but I thought it turned out quite well. Much better than my ravioli mishap. It was creamy and cheesey with just a hint of squash.


This photo was still taken at night, but with my Nikon. The leftovers.

P.S. I made this while the hubs wasn't home because I know he wasn't thrilled about the sound of butternut squash in anything. He came home and ate about half of the pan and said I should make it again sometime, so I'm taking that as a win. :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds yummy! Did you end up adding the asparagus or anything else to it?

Btw, your pics are so dark lately! Are these all phone pics?

Sarah with a Sweet Tooth said...

yeah I've been lazy lately - they are from my phone.

I ended up eating the asparagus last night with turkey burgers, so I just left it plain.