Tuesday

Need new veggies. STAT.

I need some new roasted veggie ideas. I love the ease and simplicity of throwing a teensy bit of olive oil and garlic salt on them before putting it in the oven and setting a timer. The result is awesomeness in my book because the veggies are tasty, reheat well and are good for you.

I've done broccoli (my fav), carrot (meh), brussell sprouts (close runner-up) and butternut squash (I used cinnamon instead of garlic salt. boring, but edible). I have been eating broccoli a LOT lately and I'ms starting to get burnt out.

So, what do you roast?

5 comments:

Katie said...

We just has roasted asparagus tonight. Do you guys like that one?

Others that I like roasted are bell peppers, green beans, zucchini, and tomatoes.

I've never tried these, but you can also do cauliflower, eggplant, radishes, and turnips. Sounds like they have potential.

I have tried and did NOT like roasted parsnips. Yuck.

Also, I've heard rave reviews of "kale chips", which seem to be roasted leaves of kale. Might be something to look into.

daybydaybyDenise said...

I was going to say asparagus, peppers and zucchini like Katie did. You could also do other kinds of squash like Accorn, but its very similar to butternut. Sweet potatoes are good too, just a bit more starchy.

Sarah with a Sweet Tooth said...

I have done asparagus a couple of times, but kale sounds interesting!!

I do like zucchini - that's a good idea!

MJ said...

I really like the blend of roasted butter nut squash, vadallia onions, parsnips, carrots, red peppers, broccoli and GARLIC! Sea salt and black pepper with any other spices that I needed were really good.

If it starts to get old - I change the blend to whatever is in season and also adding a touch of goat cheese helped A LOT. Some balsamic vinaigrette helped too.

I also like those little fingerling potatoes. They are a little pricey, but they have a good flavor and are a good size so its good portion control.

I've always wanted to try roasting some mushrooms too!

Sarah with a Sweet Tooth said...

I did mushrooms once, but they leaked a lot of water, and I prefer them sauteed with garlic in a pan :)