Saturday

Merry New Year

It's officially 2011. Welcome. I'm hoping for great things this year, and for the hubs and I to move on to the next phase of our lives together. Hopefully this fall will bring him a full-time teaching job and we can get out of the rut we've been living in lately.

As most people are doing, I'd like to tell ya'll about my resolutions. (I've spent the last week of 2010 in the south, so I might be picking up an accent...)

1. Learn to shoot a gun. The hubs and I have been talking about this one for a while. We have a gun in the house and I don't know how to use it. That's dangerous. Solution: learn to shoot.

2. Decrease the amount of processed food - ideally in half - I eat. While in the south, I read the Skinny Bitch book in one afternoon and am officially hooked. I've known most of what they talked about in the back of my mind for a while, but reading what they wrote really hit me. I already don't trust the government anyway. I don't take medicines of any kind - rarely even a pain killer because I agree that the body is trying to tell something by hurting. So, I'd like to cut out a lot of the processed foods I eat and go more for the whole food route. The hubs has even agreed to quit soda with me. I'm not going to go crazy overboard like the Skinny Bitches say, and cut out things like cheese and meat completely. I do plan to eat more veggies and fruits and read labels more carefully.

No comments: