Tuesday

Derby party!

Last weekend, the hubs and I made the trek to Columbus, GA to visit some friends there and attend their Kentucky Derby party. While the weekend was not good for my diet, it was awesome to spend time with friends and the weather was beautiful. I did manage to go for two quick runs around the park near their house. I really wish we lived close enough to walk to a park here, and from the discussions we've had lately, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

I did want to share a few of the food photos I took from the party. Jess is an amazing cook and I always look forward to eating her concoctions. The first night we were there, she made pasta with asparagus and tomatoes, a great spinach salad and the boys grilled chicken on the Weber. I didn't take any photos, but take my word for it that it was really tasty.

I didn't get to the bacon-wrapped little weenies fast enough - those things are like crack!

Three kinds of mac n cheese - Jess was testing recipes. I liked "plain" the best. Other options were chipotle and Italian.

The dessert/Jimmy John's spread.

The appetizer spread.

This was by far my fav - marinated cheese. Cheddar and cream cheese soaked overnight with olive oil and some fresh herbs and some other stuff.

Strawberry Trifle

A new cupcake entered my life - the Hummingbird. Apparently it's a southern thing, but was basically banana bread mixed with pineapple and nuts of some kind with cream cheese frosting. I loved it.

No comments: