Sunday

I introduce: My Second Pie

The first pie I made completely from scratch (that includes crust too) was Alton Brown's apple pie recipe.

It was amazing, but a LOT of work. That was November 2007. As you can see, I didn't even have a proper pie plate or pie bird back then.

I made my second pie from scratch this weekend. I was skimming Cooking Light and found a recipe for Mexican Chocolate Pie. It looked good and I had almost everything on hand (I had to run out for graham crackers and 2 percent milk). If you know me, you know I don't do anything spicy hot, so I left out the red pepper and espresso because I didn't want to buy any just for the pie.

I think I might have cooked the milk too hot or too fast because it turned out a little lumpy, but other than that it's pretty tasty and the hubs even likes it. Mine doesn't photograph nearly as well as Cooking Light's version, but I didn't have a food stylist to make mine look perfect.

No comments: