Wednesday

Funny

You know how some elderly people tend to announce diseases as "the diabetes" or "the cancer"? Well I just got off the phone with my sister who asked if I have The Swine.

Then her husband in the background says "Quit calling it The Swine!"

I think she's getting old.

And while it's possible that I have The Swine, I don't think so yet. I took the Mayo Clinic's quiz to determine if I have the flu or a cold, and it says I just have a cold. I also read that most people don't require antibiotics to fight The Swine, just rest and fluids. I think I'll stick with that for now.

1 comment:

Katie said...

OMG, I had to see a patient today who had the flu and I was so freaked out because he had it baaaaad. Not sure if it was The Swine, but he was so sick that he couldn't talk, so I didn't have to stay in there for more than a few seconds. I'm staying far, far away from anyone with ANY kind of flu!