Sunday

Steel cut oats with fruit

I just searched online for a recipe with steel cut oats baked with fruit. I could find several with apples, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So, I decided to make it up myself. I know a lot of people feel comfortable doing that, but in my world a recipe is required. I do not do things on a whim in the kitchen unless it's an omelet or on a tortilla.

Since I just made it up, I want to document it in case it's super amazing.

2 cups milk (I might use all water next time to cut out the calories)
4 cups water
2 cups steel cut oats
-cook this in one pot















1 T butter
1 cup sliced apple (one large fugi)
1/4 cup diced dried apricots (or whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar
-cook this in another pot


combine when it's all cooked and add:
cinnamon
vanilla

No comments: