Thursday

Getting there...

After five weeks of 5k training, I can definitely tell a difference. I can run farther and without as much whining before I get on the treadmill. However, I still don't really enjoy it yet. I'm not sure I'll ever get there, but HGTV seems to entertain me for the 30 minutes I force myself to run.

The training program I'm doing gradually builds up to running 30 minutes straight - probably because most people can finish a 5k in about 30 minutes. It's pretty easy to follow (no counting every 90 seconds) and I'm up to running 18 of my 30 minutes. Sometimes I break up the minutes into equal segments - six times three = 18. Other times I run a mile straight (12 minutes at 5.0 on the treadmill) and then run the rest later. I've been finding that I can run faster than 5.0 with my long legs, but that my knees are extremely sore the next day. So, until I build up my knee-strength (or whatever needs to happen), I'll keep it at 5.0 so I'm not discouraged to run with another excuse.

No comments: