Tuesday

FIL's house: the garden

One thing I wish we had more of at our house is more land so we could plant a bigger garden. At our house in Carbondale we had room to plant a row of corn and could have expanded if we really wanted to. Here, my garden is shoved into a corner of the deck meets the house triangle.

My FIL has tons of land, though, and puts it to good use! He has a LARGE garden with a variety of plants. The things I know he's growing: asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, green peppers, grapes and green beans. Last year he grew cantelope and pumpkins, but I'm not sure if they are there or not this year.

The awesome part about all of these tomato and pepper plants is a little process called canning. Later this summer the hubs and the FIL and I are going to pile up all of our tomatoes and peppers to "can" together.
That's what I call a green bean tee-pee.

No comments: