Tuesday

New Veggie Quest

The other night, my frequent commenter Katie came over and we made roasted kale chips!! If you haven't tried them, I encourage you to do so tonight! I bought a monster bag of kale because it was all I could find, so I've had kale chips twice now. They were better the first time (with Katie) because I might have burned them a little the second go-round.

I also roasted some mushrooms, which were good, but I love the crunch that roasting gives broccoli and kale and that just doesn't happen to mushrooms. I've also tried asparagus (awesome) and still plan to try green beans (they are waiting patiently in the fridge).

4 comments:

Jsal said...

How long do you roast the Kale for and what temperature? And it is crispy like chips? Yum!

Sarah with a Sweet Tooth said...

I did them at 350 (last night was 425 because we had something else in there too) for about 10 minutes.

They are crispy on the ends, but not all the way through unless you let them burn a little.

If you tear them into smaller pieces, they will get crispier.

Katie said...

They were so good, I can't wait to make them again!

MJ said...

Good post! I roasted asparagus for the first time the other night some some balsamic vinaigrette and it was delicious! It's been awhile since I've done Kale. I bet that would be a really good healthy super bowl snack!