Monday

Fast Eddies: a review

Food: FE is known for their cheap, delicious food. You can choose from about 10 items, all under $3. I had a cheeseburger ($1.29), fries ($1) and some of hubby's shrimp ($.29 per scrimp). Hubby also had chicken on a stick and a kabob sort of thing, both of which were big money at $2.99 a piece.

Drink: You know I don't drink beer, but I appreciate a cheap beer due to the fact that I share a bank account with my hubby, who loves beer. I think beers were $2.50.

Atmosphere: in a word, PACKED. The place was full of so many people that our two choices to sit down were in the hall outside the bathroom (gross) or outside where it was snowing/sleeting/freezing. We opted for open air, but they did have some nice heaters and a tent to keep us warm. We could still hear the live band and our food numbers being called.

Location: Alton, Ill is not the first place I'd choose, especially growing up in Fenton, Mo (a good hour's drive). However, when you start in Collinsville, Ill with your cousins and some other folks willing to drive too, it makes for a really fun night out!

No comments: