Wednesday

Fiber Muffins

I am not usually one to "play around" in the kitchen, messing with recipes and adapting them to what I want. Usually, I follow a recipe to the letter, and still manage to mess it up. However, I've sort of stolen this recipe from my mom, and then added a lil of this (brown sugga), subtracted a lil of that (fattening veggie oil my mom loves so much) and have come up with a pretty solid Fiber Muffin Recipe. And, it's super easy for this non-cook.

Mostly for my own record, but incase you need a fiber muffin every morning like I do, I will share.

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup spenda
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar

Combine above ingredients in a bowl.

1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all bran cereal
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 egg
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Put all these in a mixer bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients.
1/2 cup raisins - or any other dried fruit of your choice.

Stir in fruit, pour into 12-cup muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 22 min.

For my ww friends - 2 points per muffin.

P.S. It's a bad idea to eat more than two muffins a day.

No comments: