Sunday

10 years, still the same

Last night was my 10 year high school reunion. I did not go.

I went back and forth - to go or not to go. In the end, I didn't really have anyone to go with, and it was a little on the pricey side, especially considering I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy myself. For me, high school was the time in my life when I was most depressed, most fat and least like "me" as I am today. I have absolutely zero desire to remember that time, or those people, in my life and so for that reason, I'm glad I didn't go. I'm glad I didn't see the people who gave me dirty looks or made fun of my weight. I'm glad I can see all the pictures on FB and see what people look like now - that's the only reason I would have gone. I wanted to go to show all the bia's what I look like now and to say "HA! you got fatter, and I did the opposite."

But that's no way to live.

So, I decided not to go. The hubs didn't go to his reunion last year, which surprised me because we had complete opposite experiences in high school, but it was his decision. He was Mr. Popular from what I can tell and loved every minute of grades 9-12.

We both agree that the people we want to talk to from high school are already in our lives and there's no point to "reconnect" because we already do that thanks to the internets.

No comments: