Wednesday

I used to eat this...

When I was in high school, I worked at a local frozen custard stand. We called ourselves custard engineers, but that's beside the point. Getting off work at 11 p.m. or even past midnight often meant searching for food in the wee hours of the morning. Taco Bell was one of my favorite stops. Two of my favorite "meals" using the term lightly, was a mexican pizza and a soft taco or a frito burrito (which I don't think they make any more for the sake of America's health)/chili cheese burrito and a double decker taco.

And this is why I was fat:
Mexican pizza:
540 calories
30 g fat (8 g saturated)
1,020 mg sodium

Double Decker taco:
333 calories
13 g fat (5 saturated)
820 mg sodium

Chili Cheese burrito:
370 calories
16 g fat (8 saturated)
1080 mg sodium

Now, if for some crazy reason (mostly cost) we do eat at Taco Bell, I get a bean burrito.

Bean burrito:
370 calories
10 g fat (3.5 saturated)
1270 mg sodium

That is still not the best option ever, but better than most, and certainly better than I used to eat in high school.

No comments: