Wednesday

Less sodium is better

This might be too much information for some of you out there, but I'm going to share it anyways. Quit reading if you don't want to hear about my bloated stomach. 

Most days for lunch, I eat in the cafeteria of my building. We are mostly women, and we mostly bring our lunch. There are overpriced salads and sandwiches if you want to buy something, but I choose to bring my lunch. For me, the easiest thing to do is throw a sodium box (lean cuisine/smart ones and the like), a vitatop, and a piece of fruit plus yogurt for my afternoon snack into my reusable lunch bag - see, I'm green.

Fast forward two hours: Most days after lunch I get so bloated that it literally hurts. My pants are tight and I can visibly see that my stomach is sticking out farther. I could probably take a de-gas pill and be more comfortable, but I'd rather figure out the problem than rely on a pill. So, early last week, I decided to try sodium-box-free lunches. Since then I have not had a sodium box (or can for that matter because I was eating a lot of soup during the winter) and guess what??

No more mid-afternoon bloat.

1 comment:

Jsal said...

I read this post as I was eating a sodium box! haha