Sunday

Homemade Sherbet

The weekends are usually when my sweet tooth comes out in full force. During the week, I can satisfy myself with a vitatop or even fruit and yogurt. The weekends are a whole different story. I try my best to indulge my sweet tooth, but not go overboard. If I deprive it completely, it will come back with a vengeance the next time!

Last night the hubs and I broke out the borrowed ice cream maker that we borrowed from my parents. It might be from when they got married - that's how old this baby is. But it works, and it was free.

So we made orange sherbet. One two-liter of orange soda + one can + one can of sweet condensed milk. That's it. Dump it in and let the ice cream maker go to work.

This is the result:

It's really good as it is, but I'd like to try it again with diet soda and see if it's just as good as the diesel. My teeth can tell how much sugar is in this stuff by the coating that remains after I eat it. We also want to try other flavors - maybe with cream soda or strawberry.

No comments: