Tuesday

A sweat-fest in my living room

I had a sweaty-good time with my personal trainer tonight. She made me work it for 50 minutes straight, which I actually thought was a really good work out. Imagine Jillian's 30 day shred for 50 minutes instead of 20, and use some arm bands and ball tosses in there.

Side note: There is no such thing as "arm bands for tall people." Does that explain to you how hard it was for me to do the exercise where you stand on the band and lift up with both arms? We had to modify with one at a time for the second set.

But for me, the best part of the one hour session was talking about insecurity and body issues after we were finished working out. It's ironic that she and I would have a similar self-image when she grew up an athlete and I have always had these issues and now seem to be making great strides in that department. At least I feel like I am, and since I'm probably the only one who can gauge these things, what I say goes.

Side note to self: Do not get all crazy and do a bazillion lunges the night before the personal trainer is coming. OMG the pain!!

No comments: