Tuesday

Show us those calories!!

I love this. I am a little obsessed with the obesity epidemic, mostly because I'm worried about what my kids and grandkids will encounter for food when they enter this world. By posting calories everywhere, it might help just a little with food awareness. I will be so happy if just one person's eyes are opened by seeing how many calories they are consuming. I think we all know that we are only supposed to eat around 2,000 calories per day, right? But do you every stop to consider how many you are ACTUALLY consuming? If you are trying to lose or gain weight, it's a simple equation. Eat more or less than you burn.

So for me, I burn approximately 1650 calories if I just sit around all day (click here to check your own digits) and do not really move. Unfortunately, that's many-a-day at my job in cube-land. I try to lose 1 pound per week. So, to make sure I burn enough to lose one pound, I need to work out 3,500 calories more than I eat and burn by doing nothing. (This is another calorie calculator). My personal trainer estimated that I should only eat 1495 calories per day to accomplish that with the amount of exercise I'm already doing.

No comments: